St. Paul Lutheran School (Oak Lawn, Illinois) is open to all families that desire a quality education in a Lutheran Christian environment for their children. St. Paul Lutheran School has an open enrollment policy that admits qualified students on a space available basis. Admission is based in part on a readiness test administered to all new applicants. St Paul Lutheran School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, financial assistance, co-curricular or other school administered programs.
- Traditional self-contained classrooms in grade K-4 with departmentalized classes in middle grades, 5-8
- Daily religion instruction in addition to state mandated (ISBE) curriculum requirements
- Spanish program is available before school for grades 6-8
- Music instruction with three levels of choir for grades 1-8
- Classroom devotions and prayer with weekly chapel services
- Full day Kindergarten, five days a week
- St Paul School day starts at 8:15 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m.
St Paul Lutheran School and extended Child Care is located near 95th Street and Cicero Avenue, just east of the Hilton, in Oak Lawn, Illinois. We are within walking distance of the Oak Lawn, Illinois Metra station with ample parking for commuters that have children enrolled in our school. We are neighbors of the Oak Lawn Ice Arena and Central pool.
Our students have access to:
- Well equipped and spacious classrooms, 11:1 ratio
- St Paul Lutheran Church for weekly chapel services
- Full size gymnasium with wooden floor for athletics and physical education classes
- Computer lab and wireless internet throughout the building.
- Extended care: before and after school (6:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m.)
- An extensive library with current Accelerated Reader books
- MAP testing three times per year for better tracking of student progress
- Daily hot lunch available