Board of Social Ministry/Faith in Action
The mission of the Board of Social Ministry-Faith in Action is to extend Christ's love by offering emotional, social, financial, and material support to those in need within our own congregation and Christ's community at large.
The Board works to accomplish this goal with ongoing programs:
- The St. Paul Food Pantry - distributes bags of food on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 2:05-4:00 PM.
Donations of non-perishable items are welcome and may be dropped off at the church office. Canned goods that do not require an opener and low-salt items are always needed.
- Prepare and serve food for the homeless at a P.A.D.S. (Public Action to Deliver Shelter) location in our community on the third Thursday of each month
- Holiday food baskets are provided to members needing assistance
- Christmas gift collection for needy children through Lutheran World Relief
- School supplies collection for needy children
- Collect and donate toiletries to a local women's shelter
- Collect and donate baby items for a pregnancy center
In addition, Social Ministry-Faith in Action has participated in other projects, including collecting sunglasses for children in Paraguay and collecting socks for the homeless at P.A.D.S. None of our projects would be possible without donations and support from St. Paul members, families and friends, and we are grateful to everyone for their help. We are continually seeking new ways to help others, and your suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
The Board of Social Ministry-Faith in Action meets at 6:45 PM on the first Tuesday of the month - from September through May. New members are always welcome!